Cinnamon Raisin Roll Rusk Ring
CINNAMON RAISIN ROLL RUSK RING RECIPE
☐ 1/2 cup raisins
☐ 1/4 cup light brown sugar
☐ 1 tsp cinnamon powder
☐ 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra for flouring
☐ 1/2 tsp salt
☐ 1 envelope active dry yeast
☐ 1/2 cup lukewarm milk, plus extra for glazing
☐ 1 egg beaten
1. Make the filling: Mix together raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Make the dough: Sift together the salt and flour and stir in the yeast. Add the milk, egg and 2 tablespoons melted butter and combine to form a soft dough.
3. First Rise: Knead dough until smooth. Cover and let stand for 1 to 1.5 hours until roughly doubled in volume.
4. Form the log: Roll dough into a 10x12inch rectangle. Brush with the remaining melted butter. Then sprinkle the raisin mixture evenly over the dough. Roll up from the long side to form a log. Transfer the log onto a piece of parchment paper.
5. Cut the log: Cut the log into about 20 one-inch wide pieces. Only make each cut three-quarters the way through to ensure that each piece is still attached to the log.
6. Form the ring: Using the piece of parchment paper, transfer the cut log onto a baking sheet. Turn one end of the cinnamon roll slightly onto its side. Then turn the next one over so that it slightly overlaps the first one. Keep going, while slowly turning the log into a ring.
Optional: Form the ring around a ramekin to ensure an even center. Slip the ramekin out before baking.
7. Second Rise: Cover and let stand in a warm place until doubled in volume.
8. Bake: Brush with milk and bake in a preheated oven at 375°F for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Check out my other bread recipes, by clicking on "BREAD" below.