Easy Pizza Crust Recipe
Get the satisfaction of baking up your very own savory, fresh-made pizza pie from scratch. With only 6 ingredients, this home-made pizza crust recipe is all natural and nothing like you've ever popped in your mouth before. The crust is not too thick and not too thin... but just right and super scrumptious!
- 1 cup white all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp fast rising instant yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- Preheat over to 400°F.
- Combine yeast, 1 cup white flour and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine olive oil and warm water in a sauce pan and heat to 120- 130°F. Liquid should be very warm, but not too hot to touch.
- Combine dry mixture and liquids in a mixing bowl and mix on low speed for 2-minutes.
- Add whole wheat flour, spoon by spoon, to the bowl and continue to mix by hand until the dough starts to form into a ball.
- Knead on floured surface for 5-7 minutes until soft and stretchy. Add flours as necessary.
- Roll dough into a ball, cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts and roll each into a rough ball.
- Press each half into a greased 10 inch round pizza pan sprinkled with flour.
- Prick the dough all over with a fork.
- Pre-bake for 10-12 minutes in a 400°F oven until edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove, brush with olive oil, add toppings and bake for another 10-15 minutes depending on how well done you want it.
- Once the pie is ready, remove from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for 2-3 minutes before slicing it up and diving right in.
- You can replace whole wheat flour with white all purpose flour and make the crust entirely out of white flour.
- I used 10 inch cake pans in place of pizza pans. They work just as well!